Overview (Vision, Mission, Objectives)
- To identify Mineral deposits in the country that will allow PMC to seize strategic purchasing opportunities in Punjab as well as other Provinces for a consistent supply of coal to power plants.
- To provide the platform for consummation of the iron ore studies.
- Build up its resource capability as competitive strength and asset.
- In coordination with the Directorate General of Mines and Minerals identify Punjab’s minerals that can be strategically exploited and value added.
- Marketing and trading of subject minerals for value addition and build a solid base for viable economic existence of downstream industries.
- Establish best trading options and practices for subject minerals and create economically viable supply chains and business networks.
- Identify import options (exercised by downstream industries) high grade minerals for their mixing with the local minerals and generate higher value upstream at the mineral end and add strength to the operational capabilities of downstream industries.
- Continually adapt the organization of the company to the dynamics of subject mineral industries and develop core competencies for fulfilling strategic challenges.
- Become a business partner (on behalf of the GoPb) in a joint venture of Public-Private-Partnership mode.
The Punjab mineral company (Pvt.) Ltd. Was incorporated under Companies Ordinance 1984 with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan on 07.05.2009. It is wholly owned by the Government of the Punjab and is working under the administrative control of Mines & Minerals Department. The company was established for Promotion, Exploration, development and economic exploitation of the minerals in Punjab. It is administered by the Board of Directors appointed from Government as well as from private sectors in accordance with its Memorandum and Article of Associations and Companies Ordinance 1984.