Dr. Samar mubarakmand (N.I, H.I, S.I)
Date of Birth: September 17, 1942 (Rawalpindi) Islamabad
- Masters in Physics from Government College, University of the Punjab, Lahore in 1962 with academic roll of honour.
- M.Phil in Experimental Nuclear Physics 1966, Oxford University, UK.
- Pioneer of Fibre Optic Technology in Pakistan for transmission of interference free data.
- Founding Chairman of National Engineering and Scientific Commission: where Centres of Excellence in the fields of Computational Science and Medicine, Control & Instrumentation, Fluid Dynamics & Engineering Design, Hydro Technologies, Wireless Communication, Electronics and Composite Materials were established. International conferences on materials, Fluid Dynamics, Aero Space technology were pioneered which were heavily attended by Technologists from USA, Europe and several Asian countries. These events were organised for ten years and President and Prime Minister of Pakistan inaugurated them and appreciated the high level of papers read out. These conferences called IBCAST are regularly held every two years to this day and have put Pakistan on the International map of Science and Technology.
- Leader of the team responsible for conducting six successful Nuclear Tests for Pakistan in response to Indian explosions in 1998.
- International Scientist of the year 2007.
- Initiated and supervised pioneering work in Aero Space Technology resulting in Pakistan’s attainment of successful Missile capability.
- Conceived and established Pakistan’s first Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) with initial objective of establishing a 100 MW Pilot Power Plant venture in the Thar Coal Field of Pakistan
- Nishan-e-Imtiaz (2003)
- Hilal-e- Imtiaz (1998)
- Sitara-e-Imtiaz (1992)
- Fellow of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences.
- Life member of Pakistan Nuclear Society
- Member Board of Governors Capital University of Science & Technology
- Member Board of Governors FAST National University
- Member Board of Governors COMSATS
- Member Syndicate Government College University Lahore
Nuclear Instrumentation, Nuclear Structure, Application of Lasers, Nuclear Weapon Systems, Aerospace Technology, Nuclear Diagnostics, Underground Coal Gasification & power Generation and Mineral Exploration.
- Served as Member Technical Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) from 1995 to 2000.
- Served as Founding Chairman National Engineering & Scientific Commission (NESCOM) from 2001 to 2007.
- Served as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Science & Technology from 2007 to 2008.
- Served as Member (Science & Technology), Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan from 2008 to 2012
- Serving as Chairman, Board of Directors, Punjab Mineral Company (2013 to date)
- Serving as Chairman, Board of Governors, Underground Gasification Project, Thar Coal fields (2009 to date)