Muhammad Asif Rafiq
- Date: May 2006 – to date
- Joined MME, UET Lahore as Lecturer in May 2006, promoted to Assistant Prof. on April 2014 and currently working as Associate Professor from Nov 2014.
- Date: May 2005 to May 2006
- Junior Engineer at PITMAEM project, PCSIR Labs. Complex, Ferozepur Road, Lahore- Pakistan.
- Date: October 2003 to April 2005
- Production Manager at Pak Hero Industries Private limited, 10-Km, Raiwind Road Lahore.
- Date: January 2003 to October 2003
- Assistant Engineer at INSPECTEST Pvt. Limited, 18-Km Ferozepur Road, Lahore.
- Ph.D. 2014, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- M.Sc. 2009, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- M.Sc. 2007, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
- B.Sc. 2003, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
Social skills and competences
Team Work: Most recent job was in the Educational institute to enhance the curriculum, so that our young engineers can get world class quality education and lead the nation to success. I am participating as key person to strength the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering with the funding of Higher Education Commission Pakistan.
Intercultural Skills: Voluntary experience includes being a team player for the ISA (International Students Association) at Aveiro University and a class representative for three consecutive years during the Bachelors at UET, Lahore
Following Scholarships/Awards have been awarded during academic career:
- EU MS/P.hD. Scholarship grant winner for 2008-2014.
- Ist positon in MS form Uni. of Aveiro, Portugal.
- Secured more than 81.18% marks in M.Sc. Metallurgical Engineering, maximum in the session 2005-2007.
- Merit Scholarship Awards U.E.T. Lahore for M.Sc
- 3rd position Award for overall performance in B.Sc. Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- 2nd in first year B.Sc. Engineering examination and Honors degree in B.Sc. Engineering
- Merit scholarship at School and College.
- Position holder in the school and College.
- International Impact Factor Publication with UG Students (Session 2012)
- 08 Publications with M.Sc. / B.Sc. students
- UG FYP student won Best poster award at department and University level (Session 2011 and 2012)
- Member of ASNT, Member of PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council),
- Member of TSA (Teaching Staff Association), U.E.T. Lahore, Pakistan.
BSc, MSc and PhD Students and their achievements
- 21 B.Sc Students, 8 MSc Students, 2 PhD Students Enrolled
- One week training from United Kingdom Higher Education Academy and British Council Workshop on Teaching in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths in Islamabad, Pakistan in March 2017
- Three days training from Pakistan Planning and Management Institute, Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform, Government of Pakistan, on Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in March 2017.
List of Publications of Dr. Muhammad Asif Rafiq, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, UET Lahore.